CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

At the Hospital

Well, turns out, poor Moose has pneumonia. We're in the hospital right now. Earlier yesterday I guess you could say, or 3 pm Sunday afternoon, Mark noticed that Moose was breathing weird. I checked his temperature and it was 105.4 under the arm!!!!! I'm cool with anything 104 or less, but well into the 105's I loose what little bit is left of my mind. We came to the Mary Wash ER which I was totally dreading after past experiences. I do have to say that they redeemed themselves this time. We didn't even wait 45 seconds in the waiting room and within 15 minutes we had two nurses, a respiratory therapist, and the doctor in our room. Wow!!! They started Moose on IV antibiotics to which he had a lovely allergic reaction, which happened to start while I was talking on the phone with our assistant pastor! He probably thinks I have a stuttering problem now. So here it is, almost 1 am, and we are on the pediatric unit. IV fluids, oxygen, and a quite listless 3 year old. The sad part is how easy it is to keep him still. I was thinking it would be a challenge having him in the hospital, but he feels so bad, he's not tried to run from me once. He did get a little antsy around 11 pm when I was trying to convince him to take more motrin, so I promised him a walk in the hall for a few minutes, he took his medicine, took his walk in the hall, and is now tuckered out. Poor baby. Hopefully his labs will look better in the morning and we can go home tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What? I just read this after seeinig your Facebook. Does Lexi have pneumonia too? I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. I'll be praying for you guys.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.